Thursday, October 11, 2012

Essay: Hebrews 11:1

I am sure that someday, there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth and I can't wait for that day.  I am sure that it will be more glorious than I imagine.  Heaven will be more amazing than I could ever comprehend with my small brain.  But, even though I don't know what to expect, I am hopeful because I know Jesus will be there and it will be beyond what words can describe.  I hope for the unknown of Heaven.
      I am certain that there is wind.  I don't see it as itself, but I do see the effects of it.  There is proof everywhere that wind exists, even though nobody can see it.  When trees wave and my hair whips in my face, I have no doubt that the wind is the cause of that.  
      Similarly, I can't see God face-to-face, but I do see the effects of Him in many ways.  He is evident throughout all creation. I see Him in sunsets and sunrises over the horse pasture.  He is the greatest artists and He paints His masterpieces across the sky all the time.  I see Him at work in mine and other people's lives: answering prayers, being a comforter and friend, and being there when we need Him.  He is always with me and I know I can trust Him.  I can't see Him, but I'm certain He's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment