Thursday, October 25, 2012

God's Glory Through my Weakness

      It is so easy to get discouraged in my walk with the Lord.  I set goals for myself and when I fail to achieve them I feel like a loser.  I go to bed some nights and set my alarm early enough that I can get a lot of time for my quiet time in befors I start my day.  But when it goes off in the mornings I hit the snooze until the last minute.  Then the next night I think, "Tomorrow morning I WILL get up the first time the alarm goes off."  Morning rolls around, and the snooze button is overused yet again.  Every day I regret not getting up the first time I hear my alarm.  Sometimes I try putting the alarm on the other side of my room, forcing me to get out of bed to turn it off.  Still, I find myself back in bed.  It is an ongoing cycle that I am convinced I can't change on my own.  John 15:5 says: "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  Without Jesus I can do absolutely nothing.  How, then can I expect to be able to do something if I'm trying to do it by myself?  Matthew 19:26 says: "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossble, but with God all things are possible."'  I can have hope because of this verse.  I know that I can't do anything without God, but with him, that is another story altogether.  Nothing is impossible with God!  He can do anything!  2 Corinthians 12:9 says: "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficiant for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  So when I feel like I'm failing, I need to remember that I can't do it by myself and I need to ask God for help, and when he helps me, I can boast in it and give him all the glory.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment